Alaska Christian College is affiliated with the Evangelical Covenant Church and is part of the Evangelical Covenant Church of Alaska. ACC’s mission is to provide a Christ-centered and general studies education to primarily Alaska Native youth in a culturally relevant community. ACC is a non-profit organization and is located on the outskirts of Soldotna on the Kenai Peninsula. Candidates for all positions must be eligible to work in the United States. All positions are open until filled. Complete job descriptions can be obtained from ACC.
Resident Supervisor – Female
Part-time, Regular, Non-Exempt
33 hours per week / Approx. $10 per hour
The Resident Supervisor position at Alaska Christian College advises and serves the on-campus student body while living in community with the students; disciplines and counsels students when necessary in conjunction with the Director of Student Services; meets transportation needs and provides social/recreational opportunities for students in a Christian atmosphere; supervises Student Resident Assistants and may assist in the supervision of students enrolled in the student worker program. The RS is a support to the ACC student and staff community and provides mentorship, support, and guidance for the well-being of the campus community. Housing and Meals are provided in this job.DESCRIPTION and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Completion of a Bachelors degree is preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have knowledge of human behavior, learning and motivation.
- Must have an understanding of group behavior and dynamics.
- Knowledge and experience in handling crisis interventions.
- Experience serving and mentoring young adults.
- Good knowledge of RS position and ability to make decisions affecting others.
- Cultural sensitivity and cultural awareness as well as a teachable spirit.
- Good team-building and team-managing skills.
- Ability to keep a positive attitude with students and staff alike despite circumstances.
- Must understand and maintain confidentiality of all information acquired during the performance of their duties.
- Must be able to work independently and show good judgment.
- Needs to be organized and show good time management skills.
- Must be reliable and dependable with regular, timely attendance.
- Able to meet the demands of an extraordinary schedule
- Must be able to maintain emotional health and create self-care plans
- Be willing to take time for positive reflection and self-care activates on and off campus.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must have a clean driving record. Please see definitions per our insurance carrier: For those ages 21-25: No major or minor moving violations in the past three years. No more than 1 at fault accident in the past three years. For those ages 25-70: No major moving violations in the past three years. No more than 1 at fault accident in the past three years.Qualified candidates should send the following to April Weber via email (HR@alaskacc.edu)
1) Letter of Intent